No matter where on the planet you’re reading this you’ve probably heard about the current bushfire crisis unfolding in Australia at the moment.
This is the worst bushfire emergency in Australia’s history, so bad that the Australian Military has been mobilised to help with the rescue effort, below are some of the statistics state by state plus images and video to give you an idea of just how serious this emergency is.
- 16 people dead, one missing
- More than 140 bushfires burning
- 3.6 million hectares burned, greater than the size of Belgium
- 1365 homes confirmed destroyed
- Two people dead, 28 missing
- About 50 bushfires burning
- More than 780,000 hectares burned
- 68 structures confirmed destroyed but this number is expected to rise significantly
- One person dead
- About 17 bushfires burning, four of significance
- More than 100,000 hectares burned
- 88 homes confirmed destroyed
- About 33 bushfires burning
- 250,000 hectares burned
- 45 homes confirmed destroyed
- More than 35 bushfires burning, two of significance
- 1.5 million hectares burned
- One home confirmed destroyed
- More than 23 bushfires burning, two of significance
- 8000 hectares burned
- Two homes confirmed destroyed
- Five bushfires burning
- Five homes confirmed destroyed
Let’s show the world what the EOS community is made of and how cryptocurrency can be utilised for good! If we all band together to give a little, (1 EOS is more than enough) it can and will make a huge difference to those who need it!
If you would like to make a donation we have set up an EOS account – https://bloks.io/account/aussiedonate
You can donate directly through the GenerEOS Toolkit – https://eostoolkit.io/donate
The account will have multi-sig permissions between EOSWriter, EOSphere, GenerEOS, and EOS Israel, we are working on setting this up as we speak. All EOS donations to this address will go to World Wildlife Fund and Australian Red Cross, a receipt of payment will be uploaded to this article once the donation is completed.
EOS Account: aussiedonate
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.