The day for Block.one to start voting has finally come. Having first made their intentions to begin voting back in November 2019, these six months seemed to go by fast as they’ve been filled with many exciting announcements from Block.one and from other EOS(IO) stakeholders.
Today, Block.one took to Twitter to announce their new journey as a voting participant on the EOS blockchain.
Block.one is set to vote for 56 Block Producers over the next 6 weeks while implementing a rotational method to ensure each BP gets enough vote weight. Assuming that the rotational method will distribute the votes fairly evenly across all these 56 BPs, then it’d be safe to conclude that each BP will have Block.one’s vote support for at least a week.
Which Block Producers in particular has Block.one chosen? That’s a great question! Although Block.one hasn’t publicly disclosed the names of the BPs, we’re thankful that EOS is a public and transparent network that anyone can take a look at and verify its actions. Under the account ‘sub1.b1’ we can verify on the blockchain that Block.one is currently voting for 10 Block Producers with a token weight of 10 million EOS.
In no particular order of importance, these are the Block Producers:
- atticlabeosb (Top 21) – Attic Lab is a Fintech and Blockchain software development company that builds solutions that change the world. Among other projects, they are working on a national cryptocurrency with Deloitte under the guidance of the National Bank of Ukraine.
- bitfinexeos1 (Top 21) – eosfinex is a high-performance decentralised exchange platform built on EOS technology. It is an extension/division of Bitfinex, one of the biggest exchanges for major digital assets and cryptocurrencies. eosfinex deals specifically with the EOS network.
- eoscafeblock (Standby BP) – EOS Cafe Block company is a global provider of blockchain services, backed by industry leading technology and security. As one of the leading Block Producers for creating value through innovation, technology, and education, their probably most known for their widely used EOS block explorer bloks.io.
- eoshuobipool (Top 21) – EOS Huobi Pool is a branch of one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world Huobi Global. Its EOS branch is a leading Block Producer that promises to utilize their powerful technical research and development strength to further develop the EOS ecology.
- eosriobrazil (Standby BP) – EOS Rio is a Block Producer candidate that makes valuable contributions in the EOS ecosystem such as their much approved open-sourced Hyperion history API. Their core values include transparency, community driven actions, purpose over profit, and collaboration over competition.
- eosswedenorg (Standby BP) – EOS sw/eden main priority is in building blocks for the Blockchain by maintaining and upgrading infrastructure and security using a system designed to scale up and down quickly and securely. Their value for transparency is reflected in their quarterly report which includes hardware, financials, and block data, amongst other things.
- newdex.bp (Top 21) – Newdex is easily the most utilized EOS exchange and their claim of being the world’s leading decentralized exchange is credible as they’ve managed well over $16 million of trading volume over the past 24-hours. Besides the EOS network, Newdex also support cryptocurrency/token trading for five other EOSIO based blockchains.
- okcapitalbp1 (Top 21) – OKEx is another one of the biggest exchange in the world boasting a trade volume of $3.3 Billion over the past 24-hours across nearly 400 cryptocurrency market pairs. The exchange provides a high degree of liquidity, helps grow the EOS community through their global user base, and are willing to contribute to the development of the EOS ecosystem.
- starteosiobp (Top 21) – Starteos is a company committed to promoting the blockchain industry and better applications to serve our real economy. The company is currently working on the first EOS based formal verification in addition to their already existing Starteos wallet and dApp store.
- teamgreymass (Standby BP) – Greymass is an organization built to facilitate the growth of distributed ledger technologies and the infrastructure powering them. They study and participate in decentralized ecosystems in order to create solutions that improve these systems for all their users. A perfect example would be their recent release of Anchor wallet.
These are the first of Block.one’s vote recipients and are spread across 7 countries in 4 continents, including Asia, South America, North America, and Europe. Block.one’s current 10 million EOS token vote weight may increase at their own discretion, as they’ve stated in a previous statement. They’ll likely continue to fine-tune their voting habits to meet their own desirable standards.
EOS block explorer – https://bloks.io/account/sub1.b1#votes
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.