Last week Block.one cast their Block Producer votes for the first time since the launch of EOS back in 2018, marking a new paradigm for EOS governance. They announced that they’d vote for 56 candidates over the span of 6 weeks as they rotate their votes for each. Block.one’s first votes were cast for 10 BPs, and today they’ve adjusted the votes for a fresh batch of Block Producers.
Same as with last week’s vote recipients, we’ll provide the names and a quick overview of what each Block Producer offers/does for the EOS ecosystem. This way it is easier for token holders and/or voters to pick their favorite BPs and try to learn more about them. Without further deliberation – let’s take a look at this week’s Block.one vote recipients.
In no particular order of importance:
- alohaeosprod (Standby BP) – This Block Producer from Hawaii provides tools that are very much aligned with their mission to promote integrity, transparency, benefit to the community, and the overall success of EOS and EOSIO. Such tools include a Block Producer Research Portal, a Block Producer Reliability Tracker, and Block Producer Benchmarks for tracking performance metrics of BPs.
- big.one (Top 21) – BigONE is a cryptocurrency exchange with operations in China. The exchange handles one of the highest daily trading volumes for EOS tokens in the world, even surpassing the likes of Binance. While its users are provided a dApp store, a candy airdrops feature and daily EOS rewards for token holders who have their tokens staked.
- eosasia11111 (Top 21) – The EOS Asia BP is run by Polar.io, a company that creates blockchain infrastructure, core decentralized applications, developer tools and decentralized platforms. Their projects include the EOSX block explorer, EOS Infra, EOS Pixels, and EOS Go, one of the best blog and news platform in the EOSIO ecosystem.
- eoscannonchn (Top 21) – EOS Cannon is a Chinese Block Producer that considers themselves to be an important partner for EOS in China. They have a strong mission to maintain communication with both the Eastern and the Western cultural regions, as well as to promote collaboration between the two. This mission has is evidenced through their recent collaboration with multiple BPs from the Western regions.
- eosiomeetone (Top 21) – MEET.ONE is a EOS Genesis Block Producer and have built their own chain to help scale the EOS ecosystem by reducing usaga thresholds and costs, while enabling dApps to access primary resources. To date they’ve helped register more than fifty thousand EOS accounts, as well as helping more than fifteen thousand of those people to obtain free EOS accounts.
- eosnationftw (Top 21) – Currently ranked in first position, EOS Nation is easily the most active Block Producer within the EOS ecosystem. Their arsenal boasts a vast number of tools that cater for different EOSIO blockchains, not to mention their active engagement with the community across different social media platform and community resources like the EOS Hot Sauce podcast.
- eosrapidprod (Top 21) – The Block Producer from the U.S. has consistently maintained a Top 21 position since first joining this elite group in August 2019. Not done much justice by its minimalist website, they recently released a better for their fully decentralized video conferencing app on EOS and more recently surprised everyone by letting the community decide what they should build next.
- helloeoscnbp (Top 21) – Hello EOS was the earliest to establish an EOS community in China; educating and helping spread the word about EOS in the community. The team has a lot of experience in developing and maintaining Graphene technology from back when they were a committee member and witness on the Bitshares blockchain. Graphene technology has played a crucial role to EOS’ high performance nature.
- whaleex.com (Top 21) – WhaleEx is a decentralized exchange that is greatly integrated with the EOS ecosystem and it has partnered with 8 EOS Block Producers to secure its assets through a multisig mechanism. Their exchange supports other EOS-based tokens, providing liquidity to the ecosystem. In the last 24-hours WhaleEx has facilitated EOS transaction volume of more than $7 million.
- zbeosbp11111 (Top 21) – ZB EOS (ZB Global) also operates an exchange which was among the first to list EOS for trading. With extensive experience in blockchain research and applications, as well as a global customer base, ZB EOS promises to support and help push the implementation of EOS projects forward.
Each of us have different criteria for what we expect from a Block Producer and hopefully you noticed a couple that align with your interests for the EOS ecosystem. What are your thoughts on this week’s Block.one vote recipients? Let us know in the comments section below or connect with us on social media – Twitter, Reddit, Telegram.
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.