Block.one has recycled their votes for a new batch of Block Producers. However, unlike the previous two weeks, this time around they are voting for 9 BPs instead of the 10 they usually vote for and it’s likely they’ll continue with 9 BPs until they’ve voted for their full commitment of 56 BPs. In case you’re uninformed about why Block.one decided to vote, then it’s best to check out their voting criteria.
This week’s votes bring their total to 29 BPs voted for, over the course of three weeks. Nothing about the way they vote has changed, besides having adjusted the number of BPs they vote for from 10 to 9. After all, Block.one’s intention for this first round of voting was to set the minimum criteria for BPs, establish contact with BPs, and bring about improved transparency in EOS governance. Their criteria and voting method may change after this voting round is complete, possibly in 4 week’s time.
Without further deliberation, let’s get acquainted with this weeks BPs.
- argentinaeos (Standby BP) – EOS Argentina is focused on representing the communities of Argentina and Latin America when it comes to blockchain technology. Most recently they (w/ 2 other Latin American BPs) formed Latam Link, an alliance to help promote EOSIO tech through one of the largest blockchain initiatives in Latin America.
- eos42freedom (Stand BP) – EOS 42 is a business and consultancy team for Decentralized Finance (DeFi) applications. The teamcombined has decades of experience in technology and business, and they’ve built the Chintai DeFi platform. They’ve also provided smart contract security audits for well-known EOSIO projects such as Equilibrium, Hirevibes, Switcheo, and dGoods, among others.
- eoseouldotio (Top 21) – EOSeoul is a subsidiary of a top South Korean video game tech developer that partnered with EA for their FIFA Online video games. They promise to support various dApps in the EOS ecosystem, as well as to invest in developer communities.
- eosflytomars (Top 21) – EOSflytoMARS shames the “when moon?” term, well at least in aspirations, as they focus on the strategic long term development of EOS and its community. Their team is composed of members of EOS Hodl, who also run an active YouTube channel for how-to tutorials and EOSIO news.
EDIT: Please note that a member of Hodl EOS (w/ the YouTube channel) has confirmed they aren’t associated with EOSflytoMARS. The information regarding ‘EOS Hodl’ will be updated as soon as we can get clarification from the Block Producer.
- eosinfstones (Top 21) – Infinity Stones, aka InfStones, is a company based in Silicon Valley that provides cloud management services and security solutions for Blockchains. They are currently hosting nodes for high net worth individuals, institutional investors, foundations, universities, and research institutions. With emphasis on providing secure and consistent services.
- eosiosg11111 (Top 21) – EOSIO.SG is a Block Producer based in Singapore, a country noted for its advanced IT infrastructure, strong government support, and a strong talent pool. Some of EOSIO.SG’s services include Strong Research and Development, Side-chain Technology Development, EOSIO Code Improvement, Startups Accelerator/Incubator, etc.
- eostitanprod (Standby BP) – EOS Titan considers themselves to be EOS infrastructure builders. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, a city ranked to have among the fastest internet speeds and connection reliability in the world, EOS Titan operates state-of-the-art 24/7 network and load monitoring tools with infrastructure built for maximum uptime and reliability. They also operate their own Internet Service Provider (ISP) and are part of a Border Gateway Protocol routing network with other ISPs.
- hashfineosio (Top 21) – HashFin is a professional ecological service organization focusing on POS, DPOS and other POS related consensus mechanism public chains. Their focus is on technology and continuously optimizing services, and are committed to providing services for exchanges and investment institutions.
- hoo.com (Top 21) – Hoo.com is a blockchain assets service platform with over $300 million in daily trading volume and caters for crypto exchanges, wallets, custody and mining services. Its aim is to provide safe and reliable assets management and blockchain services to users worldwide.
Each of us have different criteria for what we expect from a Block Producer and hopefully, you noticed a couple that align with your interests for the EOS ecosystem. What are your thoughts on this week’s Block.one vote recipients? Let us know in the comments section below or connect with us on social media – Twitter, Reddit, Telegram.
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.