Since Block.one began voting, for the first time in May 29, 2020, they’ve been casting their votes for a different set of EOS Block Producers each week. This week marks the fourth week of their participation in EOS governance, and once again, they’ve cast their votes for a new set of BPs.
Four weeks in and Block.one has now voted for 38 BPs out of the 56 they’ve committed to voting for. Two weeks from now they will have completed on their initial plan to test things out, reflect on their voting strategy, and then contemplate the most effective voting strategy for leading a positive impact on the EOS network. Read more on their criteria and intentions from – this post.
Without further deliberation, let’s take a look at this weeks 9 Block Producer vote recipients:
- aus1genereos (Standby BP) – Genereos is Australia’s leading blockchain infrastructure and dApp building agency. Their focus is on making scalable distributed ledger technology (DLT) solutions through dApp development, blockchain infrastructure, network tools, and education. Their love and care were recently evidenced by an initiative we (EOSWriter) carried out with them to help in the relief of those badly affected by Australia’s bushfires just a couple of months ago, implementing their EOStoolkit for community donations.
- blockpooleos (Top 21) – Blockpool is a Chinese Block Producer and “the latest incubation product of domestic well-known hardware open source public chain HPB core chain.” According to the minimal information found on their site; they are a team composed of senior R&D personnel in the frontier fields of blockchain, hardware chips, and artificial intelligence. They plan to use their influence in these industries to build relationships with various projects and communities to obtain greater benefits for user assets.
- eosauthority (Standby BP) – This Block Producer from the United Kingdom is one of the most recognizable in the EOS ecosystem. Having played a major role in helping to launch the EOS mainnet, EOS Authority provides a robust set of tools and services for the ecosystem including their popular EOS block explorer and wallet, account alerts via telegram/email, voting analysis tools, development tools, and much more.
- eosbeijingbp (Standby BP) – EOS Beijing and its investors have extensive networks and influence in the Asian cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. They promise to collaborate with university research programs and various blockchain community groups, to support EOS-related academic research and promote EOS awareness and adoption. As well as to independently develop, invest in, and incubate EOS-related projects.
- eosbixinboot (Standby BP) – Coming out of Thailand, EOSBIXIN is an affiliation of Bixin, “a newly formed group of outstanding engineers from departments such as mining pools, block producers, and wallets”. They believe that EOS will encompass the global distribution and spread of human values, thus through their BP candidacy and alleged Bixin EOS wallet, they are helping provide a network that makes it easier for everyone to use EOS to achieve prosperity.
- eosiodetroit (Standby BP) – EOS Detroit is deeply involved with EOS and the EOSIO ecosystem, with Top 21 BP positions on the Telos and WAX blockchains (EOSIO based). They co-founded Detroit Blockchain Center, a nonprofit that focuses on blockchain education, legal advocacy, and business adoption. They also provide the resources that launched and maintain one of EOS’ biggest decentralized finance (DeFi) platforms – Chintai.
- eoslaomaocom (Top 21) – Currently ranked first place EOSLaoMao is an EOS Block Producer named after its co-founder, Lao Mao, and it is dedicated to maintaining a fair and stable BP node. With more than 7 years of experience in networks, cryptocurrency, and web development, the team plans to maximize the potential of EOS alongside its dynamic global community. They’re looking to incubate EOS projects, as well as build their own dApps to explore and demonstrate EOS’ capabilities.
- eossv12eossv (Standby BP) – EOS Silicon Valley claims to provide world-class talent to oversee, govern, and maximize the growth of the EOS ecosystem, with their strengths being a technical capability, community influence, and high integrity. They are on a mission to make decentralization universally accessible and useful through the world’s most powerful infrastructure and community engagement.
- itokenpocket (Standby BP) – TokenPocket is the company behind one of EOS’ most popular and innovative wallets, by the same name. The TokenPocket wallet is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices, and has support for all the leading blockchains such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance, TRON, etc. Their wallet provides a decentralized exchange to easily buy, sell, and swap tokens. All while providing staking, mining, DeFi, and gaming services.
This has been the most diverse set of Block Producers to receive Block.one’s votes up until this point and only two of them are in the Top 21. The diversity of these 9 BPs is representative of 7 different countries spread across 4 continents. Hopefully, this post managed to shed some light on the governing candidates of EOS, as well as the different qualities and attributes each contributes to the ecosystem. We look forward to uncovering next week’s chosen candidates.
In the meantime, you can stay up-to-date with the EOS(IO) ecosystem by reading our latest news posts and articles, and check us out on our socials where we share some of the more relevant content to you – Twitter, Reddit, Telegram.
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.