It is that time of the week again where we get to take a look at Block.one’s latest Block Producer votes and try to learn a bit more about each BP. In case you missed it; last week’s set of vote recipients was somewhat interesting in that the BPs were very diverse in what it is they do and contribute to the ecosystem. You can check that out – here.
This week’s set of vote recipients represents the second last group to receive votes before Block.one begins their next round. The current round is now five weeks in – out of the total 6 weeks, and Block.one has now voted for 47 out of the 56 BPs they will have voted for once the round is complete (next week). These 7 weeks of voting were to serve as an experiment for Block.on to assess a voting strategy that aligns with their vision for a transparently productive BP ecosystem, in other words, a more transparent and productive EOS governance.
Without further deliberation, let’s find out more about this weeks vote recipients:
- costaricaeos (Standby BP) – EOS Costa Rica is deeply involved with the EOS ecosystem. In our recent report regarding one of the world’s largest accounting and consulting firms adopting EOSIO for their intercompany transactions, we uncovered that EOS Costa Rica had created the EOSIO-based software the firm is using. More recently we reported on the initiative they’re taking on with two other Latin American BPs to promote EOSIO tech in their region. And even more recently, we interviewed to learn more about their life-saving $100k EOSIO hackathon winning app, Lifebank. “We help you fully integrate blockchain technology” – summing it up in their own words.
- cypherglasss (Standby BP) – Cypherglass is very active in the EOS ecosystem and its promotion, thus they are constantly engaged in efforts to spread awareness for EOS. For example, they previously set up $100k and $50k bounties to get EOS supported on two of the biggest cryptocurrency hardware wallets; the Ledger and Trezor wallets, respectively. Their mission is to increase the adoption of decentralized blockchain technologies and help enable a more distributed world. Which is evidenced by their participation with different other blockchains implementing the EOSIO protocol.
- eosamsterdam (Standby BP) – EOS Amsterdam’s mission is to accelerate EOS mass adoption through security, governance, and intercultural cooperation. Their value of transparency has led them to be one of the very few Block Producers to publicly disclose their ownership structure and that they are a legal entity registered in the Netherlands. They’ve recently announced that starting next month they will be covering all hosting costs for the EOSIO Light API, which will afford users the privilege to freely continue using the feature that allows us to look up token and REX balance, CPU and NET balance, etc.
- eosdacserver (Standby BP) – eosDAC is a community-owned Block Producer and as its name suggests – a decentralized autonomous community (DAC). Being a DAC, this Block Producer is ideally set up as an even more decentralized entity further adding decentralization to EOS governance. eosDAC also helped launch and powers Vigor, one of the more anticipated DeFi project that also operates as a DAC platform.
- eosflareiobp (Standby BP) – This Block Producer provides a simple yet very powerful and robust EOS block explorer that’s highly informative. It can be quickly analyzed at a glance with all the key metrics clearly presented. Not much information about the BP is available beyond that, except that they are based in the United States.
- eosnodeonebp (Standby BP) – EOS NodeOne is a South Korean Block Producer that believes that the investors and ecosystems come first. They helped power the launch of DEXEOS, the first EOS decentralized exchange, and together collaborated on providing free EOS accounts. They have an active Korean community with some of their members having a strong presence in the wider global EOS community.
- eostribeprod (Standby BP) – EOS Tribe is a German Block Producer, they provide EOSIO and Algorand chains with a streaming API called Spectrum, it allows dApp developers to subscribe and receive events in real-time. They also design and develop technological solutions for different blockchains to help drive the adoption of blockchain technology globally.
- ivote4eosusa (Standby BP) – EOSUSA.NEWS is focused on global blockchain media. Being located in or occupying a big data center in the U.S., they are privy to high-quality performant infrastructure, especially suited for Block Producer operations. They also handle an active YouTube channel in which they post regular EOS(IO) content.
- sheos21sheos (Standby BP) – The name shEOS hints at the fact that it is the first female founded block producer on the EOS network. They are on a mission to drive the growth of blockchain on a global scale by bringing diversity into the male-dominated world of blockchain by empowering women with technical education and a supportive community. This they plan on achieving through their partnership with Kingsland University to provide technology scholarships to young female scholars in underprivileged countries.
Hopefully, you were able to uncover new favorite Block Producers or learned a bit more about the ones you’re already familiar with. It’s worth pointing out that non of these great BPs are in the Top 21, which goes to show just how competitive the EOS governance is. Each has its strengths and weaknesses and figuring out which BP has more value to the EOS ecosystem is something each token holder will decide for themselves based on what they value.
We’ll continue to update the community on who Block.one votes for next. In the meantime, you can stay up-to-date with the EOS(IO) ecosystem by reading our latest news posts and articles, and check us out on our socials where we share some of the more relevant content to you – Twitter, Reddit, Telegram.
Disclaimer. EOSWriter does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we aim at providing you with all the important information we could obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company and carry full responsibility for their decisions, nor this article can be considered as an investment advice.